People in their 30's: Pop That's Hot Right Now (according to MTV UK)
When I was in college, watching music videos was my main reason for living. Let's put it this way: if that was a sport, then I could compete at the Olympic level based off of my dedication.
However, once you get older and priorities change, music knowledge starts slipping away from our existences. Now, with my new-found plethora of time, I'm getting caught up with MTV UK Hits.
Why I like MTV UK Hits Right Now1st - they actually play music.
2nd - they always have some sort of countdown going on, so there's no mistaking which tracks are the hottest. Since I'm re-emerging into the music scene, I appreciate this.
3rd - they speak in some form of English which means I can understand them. Some of the other music stations here remind me of the time Cassie & I watched Serbian TV with Tina's parents. In other words, I have no clue what's going on.
Pop That's Hot Right Now (MTV UK)
- Daft Punk & Pharrell "Get Lucky." If you haven't heard of this by now, then you can refer to another post People in their 70's: Pop That's Hot Right Now...(fyi - this is fake, I'm just emphasizing how ridiculous this scenario is).
- Miley Cyrus "We Can't Stop" - It's a disturbing video at first, but then I found out the story: the director found out that Miley once had a 4-day party with her friends and he wanted to recapture it. Then I realized...secretly...I want to be at that party.
- MK1 "Let Go" - new favorite party song. I love the beat, bass line and even the words. Although, I can't find that much info on this British X-Factor winner, I'm sure you'll here of them soon.
- Robin Thicke feature Pharrell & T.I. "Blurred Lines" - My boyfriend can look like him if he ever decides to grow his hair up top into a nice bouffant.
- Iggy Azalea? "Bounce" - pop n lock it! This Australian-born rapper has skills that surprised me. Try not to move during this song - I dare you!
- Jessie J. "Wild" - killin' it in this song. I usually try to NOT like Jessie J songs because I'm in my 30's and really don't understand what's going on with her videos. I just wish this song had a little less rapping (still showing my age).
Did I miss anything?